The blog provides us another medium to flesh out the mission of Three Rivers Grace Church. That mission is three-fold:
- To delight in the beauty of God’s Greatness (Worship)
- To proclaim the truth of God’s Word (Word)
- To ignite a joyful passion for the Gospel of Jesus Christ among all the peoples of Pittsburgh and the world (Witness)
What will we blog about?
To accomplish the above may look like some of the following from week to week: a series on a specific topic, a discussion of a specific Scripture text, sermon follow-up, Sunday School follow-up, recommended resources, worldview matters, cultural issues in Pittsburgh and the world, the mission of the church.
Some matters will be intended to serve our church family specifically (inward focus) while others will be written to more broadly serve those outside our church body locally and globally (outward focus), Christian and non-Christian alike. In all, we want God and the Gospel to be the subject and center of our blogging.
We will begin our regular routine of postings this Monday, the 22nd. Mondays will have a post about the Children’s Sunday School catechism for parents to use as follow-up. Pastor Ben will have a regular blog post on Tuesdays. Andrew will be posting regularly on Thursdays; and on Fridays we will do a Recommended Resources series. Along with the routine weekly posting, we will also have various monthly guest posts from elders and others in the congregation.
How can you get involved?
Our desire is for this to be more than a one-way street of communication. We desire and trust fruitful conversations will result online as well as at home. Here are 3 ways you can get involved and stay connected:
- You can subscribe to the RSS feed so you don't always have to come here to check for posts. (A reader like Feedly is a good option.)
- For most posts, we will have the comments open so you can ask questions or make remarks.
- Email us with any subject matter/content ideas you might like to see covered via the blog.
In sum, our aim will be to exhort the church and evangelize the world by exulting in God.
Soli Deo Gloria!