- Does a diagnosis throw you into a tailspin or cause you to run to Jesus?
- Does talk of change set you to worry, white-knuckled, clutching onto something to keep it from being changed, or does it bring about a sense of prayerful dependence and joy looking forward to what God will do?
Watch how you talk about certain topics.
- Do you refer to someone or something as your "life"?
- Are you hyper critical when people speak down about your treasure?
- Do you mock other people when they think differently about topics in which you are well-read?
Watch what it is you wake up thinking about, checking your phone for, and find yourself doing when you’re not doing anything.
- Do you wake up thinking about work and an email that has to go out?
- Do you turn on the TV whenever there is “nothing to do?”
- Do you go work out in the yard every day to escape, to take out frustration on weeds, to keep busy, etc.